While Claudia was driving our car through the desert, my dad and I did a little trip of our own down the East coast. Well. a trip of about 3000 km in 12 days that is …
Claudia dropped us off at Ayers Rock airport, and the two of us flew to Cairns, where we hired a small, but powerful car. After spending a day on the Great Barrier Reef, we started our drive down with the following stops:
- Airlie Beach (also known as “Backpacker Central”, with sleepless nights as a result) to visit the Whitsunday Islands.
- Rockhampton, where we had the best steak of our lives.
- Hervey Bay, visiting the Bundaberg distillery on the way, and spotting countless whales!
- Brisbane, where we had the best Japanese food out of Japan ^.^
- Port Macquarie, where the oysters were marvellous!
- Sydney, where we ended in style with a cruise to the opera house, and a drive to the Blue Mountains
Then it was off to the airport again, to fly to Adelaide, where Claudia was ready to pick us up! Awesome!
Here’s a little selection of some of the amazing stuff we saw along the way. My dad’s full trip report can be read on: https://tourdownunderblog.wordpress.com/.
Hello ! Très beau voyage Tom et ton père c’est super de faire ça. Nous regardons tous les jours vos aventures. Nous voyageons avec vous. Amitiés