Our tips to do Sydney on a budget:
- Find an awesome host family.
- Take the bus into the CBD: it’s not only very efficient, it’s also pretty cheap! (and you don’t have shelf out the $$$ to park in the CBD, pay tolls, etc.)
- Don’t have drinks anywhere, unless it’s happy hour. Our favorites: 2 for 1 cocktails at the Hard Rock, $6 pints and $1 wings at the Royal George, and $4 beers & sparkling wine at Strike.
- Pack a lunch to save money. As a bonus, you can have it with a view, for example at Mrs Macquarie’s Chair in the botanical gardens.
- Hope for an awesome boat wedding in the harbour to get free music while you’re chilling.
- Do a self-guided walking tour, or an “I’m Free” tour.
- Don’t have too many dumplings at Din Tai Fung, even though they’re amazing…